Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Detail of Phragmites, my latest Sculpturefest Installation

SCULPTUREFEST 2010
Yesterday was an awesome day.  Bright sunshine and a great breeze helped me install my latest Sculpturefest art in Woodstock, VT.  The opening reception for this event is this Saturday, September 4th from
 4 - 7 pm.  http://www.sculpturefest.org/


My Installation is called "Phragmites".  Phragmites australis, the common reed, is a large perennial grass found in wetlands throughout temperate and tropical regions of the world.
"Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now you tell me what you know." - Groucho Marx 

No comments: