Friday, July 16, 2010

Papier Mache Camp ends today!

I have been teaching a camp for 8 - 10 year olds at the League of NH Craftsmen this week.  It's called, "Masks and Sacred Vessels". So far it has been a really creative week!

I start out encouraging the kids to go with their inner creativity.  If they "see" something in the shapes they are creating, they should tell me about it and I will help them make whatever it is.  This week, I have gotten to see several amazing projects emerge and grow!

Wow.  The power of a person's creative energy is just mind boggling to watch.  I never get tired of it and I wish I could feed off of it more!

Needless to say, I am sad that my week long camp is over.  But I look ahead to getting back into my own work, hopefully with the same freeing abandon that the kids enjoy.

“Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.”  -  Mary Lou Cook

No comments: