Friday, June 29, 2012

Thoughts on teaching

Parfait Dying, Anyone?
I am currently proposing new classes for the League. "What would I like to teach this time," is the question I usually ask myself, but the economy has me thinking the opposite now. "What do I think the public wants to learn?" is the present question.  So, I joyfully propose some new classes (and a few past, well attended classes), what I think would make both me and my prospective students happy.
In an ever changing world, the term "follow your bliss" has been replaced with "do what is economical and practical". One must remember to fill the well, though. An art/craft class can bring you joy.

"We can deny our hearts or we can deny our limits. We can choose to be practical or we can dare to be magical" ~ Tama J. Kieves

No comments: