Monday, October 13, 2008

October 13, 2008

What a weekend! Wow. The weather was just great! Blue skies, spectacular fall foliage, and I gardened most of the weekend. I spent most of my two days outside in the warm sunshine. Just what I needed to raise my spirits!

Well, not exactly.... There is more!

My friend called me to tell me she had extra upholstery fabric books, would I like some? Say what?

So last night, I sat in my living room pawing over several books of upholstery fabric. Oh, I was in heaven. Later when I went to bed, I found myself drifting off to sleep feeling the waves of new found creativity.

There is a feeling that comes over me, I'm not sure how to describe it, of knowing that I can create something from these fabrics....it's a confident feeling, of seeing the unseen, understanding it and knowing that it needs, at some point, to come out of me.
That doesn't describe it really, but if you've ever felt the creatve wave...I think I'm reaching a crest. I'm hoping to ride the crest soon. I am really happy about it...'cuz man, it's been a long time. Metallic threads, upholstery fabric here I come.

It was a rest and renewal weekend with fabric being a cure!

No comments: