Wednesday, October 22, 2008

October 22, 2008

"You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try." ~ Beverly Sills ~


Ah.

I realised the other day I'm starting to sound like a broken record. "Get in the studio...." "Get inspired...." "Do something...."

Yeah, I do have a strong feeling that I will be disappointed in the results of my efforts because I have alot of funky ideas I want to try right now. There are too many floating around in my head. I see myself starting something cool and having things go wrong in the middle of it. I'll be saying, "no, wait...I wanted to do this...." and then it will rip! Or the fabric will melt under my iron, or pucker, or shred. It's these thoughts and my time contraints that keep me from diving right in.

Yeah, Yeah, excuses, excuses.

Once while I was searching for some elegant mantra and elaborate mind boggling insight, my stepfather gave me these simple words of wisdom, "Just do it!"

What it means is: Take your head off. Unscrew your brain. Replace faulty battery, if battery operated. (Check for charred firewood and ashes otherwise) Press reset button. Rescrew on your brain. Put head back on. Proceed with caution until warmed up. Beware of squeaks.

I don't want to be doomed. I'll give it a try....tomorrow!.

No comments: