Wednesday, March 4, 2009

March 4, 2009

Today I'm setting up my sewing room again.
When I go away to retreats, I take my lamps and surge protector and other things from my studio, so it's time to get my studio situated to work again.
Time to move forward with the sewing side of my life.
Time to make a commitment to myself.

"Until one is committed, there is hesitation,
the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness.
Concerning all acts of initiative and creation,
There is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which
Kills countless ideas and splendid plans:
The moment one definitely commits oneself,
Then Providence acts too.
All sorts of things occur to help one
That would never otherwise have occurred.
A whole stream of events issues from the decision,
Raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen
Incidents and meetings and material assistance
Which no man (or woman) could have dreamed
Would have come his (or her) way.
Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
Begin it now."

--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1794-1832


O K
I'm outta here.
M

No comments: