Friday, November 5, 2010

Writing a book

I am currently in the process of writing a book about the techniques I use to make my art quilts.  This is quite a challenge for me.

My book is called, "Art Quilts: Methods to the Madness".

It will cover Reverse Applique, Creative Zig zag, Satin stitch and couching, how and when to use fusible web and stabilizers, how to attach non-cotton materials and a brief overview of using metallic threads in the bobbin, (bobbin drawing!)  These are all the methods I use to make my quilts.
Look for it next year at this time, available through Amazon, and of course, myself!

I have entered the SAQA, No Holds Barred exhibit, too.  I hope I get in!

"Often the difference between a successful person and a failure is not that one has better abilities or ideas, but the courage that one has to bet on one's ideas, to take a calculated risk - and to act.”  ~ Andre Malraux




No comments: