Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thursday April 3

Good morning, Spring. Yes, I know you are coming. I saw a robin today.

I am currently thinking about repainting and decorating my house. This is something I have never done before. Yes, I have painted a place I resided in. Yes, I have decorated my apartment, but actually painting and redecorating my home, my house, the place that I own and live, I have never done that before.

I am reading a variety of books. "How to's" on decorating, creativity, Feng- Shui and color. And of course, I continually look at Quilting books. The message I am getting is "Keep a Notebook". Gather stuff! Silly, me, I knew that! This will help in all aspects of my creativity, too. One book I read said that the "book" itself could become the design after it's all said and done. That is intriguing to me, so there's the next project.

So, I am repainting my house, building a design book and collecting inspirational objects and things to propel me forward. I also hope to add images to this blog as I go, but that requires a little more work. Hopefully I'll get there.

I wanted to share something I found. In a prior blog entry, I wrote a quote of the day that I had found years ago in the Boston Globe. I cut it out for my design wall in my studio. Well, in all this research about creativity, I found the source of the quote and the actual wording. So here goes,
Perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add but when there is no longer anything to take away, when a body has been stripped down to its nakedness. - Antoine De Saint-Exupery


I don't need perfection, just the "knowing" when to stop.
Enjoy!

No comments: