Saturday, January 19, 2008

Saturday January 19

It's Saturday. I have the whole day ahead of me to sew. I'm worried because it is right now that I need to identify the "dance" I do to avoid getting right into the studio to work. Things such as laundry, my computer Scrabble game, that video I've been waiting to see, etc. all seem to call out, distracting me. Why? I am avoiding the pleasureable feeling I get when I become immersed in my work. That feeling of becoming a little lost...But loving the moment anyway? It scares me sometimes how very blissful that place can be. I think sometimes I feel like I don't deserve it so I numb myself out with other things.
So, what do I need to do to get by the dance? First, I'm typing here, then I will set up my story tape. I will turn on the lights around my studio space, and see what teasers are out there. I usually pick up simple sewing to begin with but today I may go through all my UFO's (unfinished objects) and figure out what needs to be done to get them ready for my show. Then I will start with the easiest thing to finish. If I get challenged by it I'll move on to the next one. I probably should create a time line for finishing things today too. That should put things in perspective. Over lunch, I will write my bio and think of a name for my show.
Well, that's enough for now. A start anyway. I may add more to this blog later as I think of things. You go girl.

No comments: