Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Tuesday, January 15th

I spent the morning Sunday sewing that silly donation quilt and I found that toward lunchtime, I was spending more time with a seam ripper. I decided I may be getting a bit tired of sewing, so I did some other chores around the house for the rest of the day. Well, yesterday, Monday, was a bust. My daughter had no school because of the snowstorm so I worked at home taking care of payroll on my computer. My studio and computer are in the same room, so I was able to look at all my stuff while working. At lunch time, I decided to take a break and go outside to move the garbage can at the end of my driveway before it got buried in snow. I was almost to the end of my driveway when I slipped on the ice and fell flat on my back. I also hit my head. It happened so suddenly I didn't have a chance to put my arms out. So I laid there, for about a minute, catching my breath and deciding if I could move. I had a headache and was in a mild shock. I managed to get up, then made my way inside, but I didn't feel so good. So the rest of the afternoon I was keeping an eye on myself to make sure I was o k. The incident made me realize how vulnerable we are in the world and how much I rely on my good health. I am still sore today and cloudy headed. It puts a damper on my creativity for sure. But tomorrow is another day.

No comments: